Tuesday, September 19, 2006

When I was pregnant, I remember questioning every mother I know, how does contraction feels like, how painful is it, and yadaa yadaa..... A very common answer I get was: "PAIN, but after giving birth, forget already lar!".... At that time, my exact thoughts were: "BLUFF AR?! If really pain, how can you forget? CANNOT BE LAR! Wait lar, after my turn, I will remember then I can tell people"....

Now, that said, and labour done.... If someone were to ask me exactly how contraction pain is, my answer is "VERY PAIN at that time, but after giving birth, forget liao (SLANG: already) !!"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

The night before, after I put Rachel on her bed, and left her alone in the room to fall asleep, I sat in the living, closed my eyes, played back the whole labour scene in my head, imagining it happen all over again, and tried VERY VERY hard to remember how exactly contraction pain and labour felt like.... I can remember many details, I can tell the time that each thing happened, I remember things that I asked the nurses/hubby, I remember my legs shaking from pain during contraction, I remember feeling like there was a whole lot of stool in my bowel that needed to be released during contraction that was pushing Rachel out, but but, I don't remember how the pain felt like, I don't remember how painful it was.... WHY?!

Hubby gave his personal explanation, saying that it's nature's way of ensuring women don't get too afraid of going for their subsequent labour, and maybe that's why we get memory lapse after labour, so we forget about the pain.... HAHAHAHAHA.....

Does any mother out there actually remember how the contraction pain felt like exactly?

Labels: ,

6 WISECRACK(S) : Blogger SengMing Tan; Anonymous Anonymous; Anonymous Anonymous; Anonymous Anonymous; Anonymous Anonymous; Blogger Shannon; ~~CRACK-A-BIT~~