Friday, August 11, 2006

I know I've been blogging NOTHING other than little Rachel lately, well you really can't blame a new mother, being obsessed with her little princess... Anyhow, it's something different this time around....

For those of you that knew me for a long time, I had been studying in Australia for a year, and during that memorable (both sweet and sour, good and bad memories) period, I stayed in this place I called my home away from home... A student residence (will choose to not disclose the name for now as I'm not sure if it's confidential top secret news) owned and run by wonderful people I call my family away from home (as I mentioned, I will NOT put names, as it will link to the subject directly)...

Well, you see, I made a long overdue call back 'home' yesterday, to thank them for the gift they sent little Rachel (yeah, I can't not speak about her, sorry... :D), and was told that some management had bought over the building and have increased the rent sky high, threatening the shutting down of the residence... I'm sad... I wanted to bring little Rachel to Adelaide one day, show her where mommy used to stay, show her my other family there, but I guess if te building's not gonna be there, it'll be different... Of course when the time (and financial status) permits, I still want to bring her to Adelaide, but I guess it'll be different for me....

Seriously, I wouldn't have chosen to live elsewhere if I were to relive the Adelaide year again, as I must admit, I did meet wonderful people there. They took me (us actually, everyone that registered there) under their wings, taken care of me, and made me feel at home. They tolerated my mischiefs and gave me advices that a parent would have and I don't think I could ever thank them enough.
I am very glad that we have kept in contact, I am looking forward to the time when I can bring little Rachel to go meet you guys, and I hope that the backup plan you mentioned to me yesterday will work out, that new batch of students (for years and years t come) will get to experience the warm and love that you have given me... Do keep in touch at all times, if the building will be given back to the new 'management', please remember to leave me new contact numbers that I could contact you by....

Labels: