Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My mum told me this the other day, and I find it very logical...
p/s: Yes, spoon is from Baskin Robins, and NO, I don't feed Rachel with this, it is just for demonstration purposes... hahaha...

Generally, this is how we hold our spoon, right?
Therefore, we will normally hold the spoon this way, when we feed our kids, yes??

Imagine this:
When you bring the spoon near to baby's mouth to feed, (s)he suddenly get excited (for example oni lar) and lung forward towards the spoon, with his/her mouth wide open...
With such speed, very difficult (not impossible lar) for us to pull back right? And there are the risk of the spoon sticking into the baby's mouth, and possible hurting of the throat if the whole spoon goes in ler... OUCH!!

So so, what my mum's advice was, to hold the feeding spoon like this photo on the right...
As far at the bottom as possible, so even if the above mentioned low-possibility scene would to happen, the whole spoon will not go into the baby's mouth, cuz our hand is there as a stopper of sort mar...

Actually, of course the chances of this happening is low, but then there's no harm following... Though I always tend to forget... hahaha...

Always also finish feeding, then only I realise, aiks, hehehe, I hold like normal.... :D

Labels:

8 WISECRACK(S) : Blogger LHS; Blogger 石頭; Anonymous Anonymous; Blogger Allyfeel; Blogger IMMomsDaughter; Blogger ZMM; Anonymous Anonymous; Blogger milkmaid; ~~CRACK-A-BIT~~