Friday, November 03, 2006

NOTE: VERY long post ahead... :D


I got a surprise yesterday morning on the way to work. As my old watch has sharp edges around it, I normally remove it before I reach home, to not accidentally hurt Rachel, and only put it on either on my way to work or when I reach office. Yesterday morning, after a reminder and some hints from him about surprises etc, I searched my handbag and found a new watch for my birthday! He took my old one out and replaced it with this without my knowledge... HeHehe... I was a little surprised, as hubby never was a surprise planner, and never any good in it, as I would always be able to see through him...

Dropped hubby off at the LRT station near Amcorp Mall (yeah, hubby takes the LRT to work), and was told he got a meeting at 9am, so ok, I'm not to expect to see him online until he finish his meeting then... Anyway, my colleague (Alice) 'dated' me for lunch in Pyramid, and I agreed not knowing and not suspecting what was coming, until I heard her talking on the phone saying 'Yeah, we are coming up now, meet at the foyer', that I suspected that someone else was coming along, but had no idea who... Once we got to the foyer, I was surprised again cuz hubby was there (in my brother's car)!! Questions like "how come he's in casual clothing?", "isn't he at work?", "how come he's here?" jumped all over my head, I must have had the weirdest, funniest look on me, while he has this satisfied smile on his face!! Yeah, he took leave yesterday, TRICKED me into thinking he was going to work by stopping at the LRT as usual, then took a bus back home to get my brother's car, waste some time, then come online and acted like he was at work, then picked Rachel up to come trick me to lunch, and Alice was in this too! Hubby contacted her and planned all this! So there I was in the morning, thinking that I have had my birthday surprise this year, and he was actually keeping more in his sleeves!!

That was our lunch! We ate in Tony Roma's (Sunway Pyramid). I like the ribs, tender and nice, but couldn't say the same for the chicken (BBQ chicken and buffalo wings)... The blended lemonade was good... Ambience is OK, service was wonderful... On seeing Rachel there, the manager even offered babysitting help, and when politely declined, striked up a conversation about his kid and played with Rachel a little... They even gave us a booth, big enough for 6, so Rachel could have more space! Very thoughtful... I'll definitely revisit, but for the ribs, and not chicken.... :D

In the evening, another surprise was awaiting when Alice got me another slice of cheese cake! Arigato, I ate that with hubby when I arrived home... hehehe... Arigato again Alice...

At night, there was a simple celebration with my family (it's some sort of a tradition in my house, since birth, every year's birthday will be celebrated, with at least a cake and red eggs, so this is pretty much 'expected' and no surprise here)...
Little Rachel was a little fussy, cuz according to hubby, she wasn't willing to sleep the whole day, and the celebration was a little pass her sleeping time too... She did cut the cake with me (hehehe)... It doesn't really feel different, but then this is the first year I'm celebrating my birthday as a mother, hehehe... It really does look like she knows what she's doing with the cake cutting doesn't it? hahaha...

I actually sorta ate 4 cakes (for birthday) this year (as photo below shows). One was when we had a farewell for a good friend that was going China and celebrated an early birthday of us all (4 scorpios together, me being one of them), 2 slices of cake (one from department colleagues, another from Alice), and the cake from my family...

All in all, it was a wonderful day... Actually, hubby never used to be a surprise planner, he never had surprises like this for me before marriage! I'm impressed... hahaha...

"Thank you lougong... MUACKS!!"

Labels: ,

14 WISECRACK(S) : Anonymous Anonymous; Blogger Nadia; Anonymous Anonymous; Anonymous Anonymous; Anonymous Anonymous; Blogger Shannon; Anonymous Anonymous; Anonymous Anonymous; Anonymous Anonymous; Blogger jazzmint; Anonymous Anonymous; Anonymous Anonymous; Blogger wiTcH; Anonymous Anonymous; ~~CRACK-A-BIT~~