Thursday, February 08, 2007

Last Sunday, despite having a cracked head (wahaha), we went Johor (Batu Pahat) for my grandma's 88th birthday... EIGHTY EIGHT leh, cannot miss no matter what, somemore grandma always seem happier if we were there, and also Rachel haven't met this greatgrandma of hers (yeah, she has 3 of them, 1 in Klang, 1 in Ipoh and another in Johor)...

Seriously, just think about it, she's 88 years old, how many more birthdays can we spend with her, another 10 would be a blessing eh? -- NOT that I want anything to happen to her, but we need to face the facts sometimes...

Just so you guys know, WE DIDN'T BRING A LOT OF THINGS THIS TIME AROUND... We initially planned to stay overnight, as I was on MC on Monday (to open stitches mar), so thought no need so rush, since the dinner was at night... We only brought 1 big bag for the clothes for all 3 of us (Tecky, Rachel and me lor), 1 bring around bag for Rachel and and and, THAT'S IT! WAHAHA... MAJOR improvement eh??? Anyhow, we came back the same night after all the preparation, because my mom wouldn't want to let my brother drive alone, after the accident he had the other day... hmm...

It was HAVOC eventful... As some of you might have known, my mom's side of the family is SUPER HUGE! Lucky not everyone was around, some in Korea, some not free etc, else, EVEN WORSE... Just considering grandma's son/daughter/son in laws/daughter in laws/grandkids/grandkid in laws/greatgrandkid (lucky no greatgrandkid in laws yet), there's about 100 of us... Imagine how to fit everyone in 1 house... WAHAHA... yeah yeah, greatgrandkid itself, she oledi have 30++ maybe... hahaha

Aiyoh, my story damn long this time...

Anyway, Rachel met with many of her cousins (first time meeting relative that is of same generation as her leh), and her 10 days older cousin (daughter of my cousin that is residing in Miri now, they came back for the occasion & CNY)... That's her (name is EnEn) in the photo... I TELL YOU!!! So different carrying her and Rachel leh, she's so much easier to carry, lighter (average weight as opposed to the overweight daughter of mine) and doesn't struggle as much as Rachel, and she quietly lets EVERYONE carry her...

What I was disturbed is that, cousin didn't tell me that EnEn was sick, until after we let all the kids play together and touch and all, then only say, she's sick! AIYOH, I hope Rachel doesn't catch the virus.... :|

Anyhow, Rachel was averagely obedient... haha... No major fuss, except she doesn't allow ANYONE to carry her, except me... So I didn't have much time to catch up with the rest of my cousins... The dinner was OK, Rachel had bits and pieces of things (mostly baby biscuits and bread) throughout... And lastly, let me show you PART of the havoc... hahaha... Below is the photo of maybe a quarter of the family in the restaurant... There was about 20 tables dinner, inclusive of some extended family and friends...

Labels: , ,