Sunday, February 25, 2007

Since my marriage to Tecky, I have been introduced to the Hokkien style of CNY prayers on every 9th day of CNY (lunar calendar), at midnite... Yeah, they call it, 'TI GONG SI' (err, like the birthdate of the God of Heaven/Sky?? - I not sure leh)...

Last year, it lasted until 4am because my uncle was around to drink and chat with my in law... but I am hoping it won't last that long this year, cuz everyone has to work the day after (except me and Tecky)... hahaha...

There actually are LOTS of stuff being 'offered' on the prayers table, and one thing that is not missed for my in law is the roasted pork... I'll try to take a photo tonite, oh, I have to add, it's yummie, hahaha.... Maybe because I did not grow up with this occasion, I don't really fully understand it, but it's a GRAND thing here... Inlaw washes the porch and all, making sure it's all clean, and the amount of money spent is another thing... Oh, don't say I didn't warn you, there's sure to be more fireworks tonite, bro in law has tonnes kept up, to 'spice up' the occasion.. :D

Labels: