Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I was starting to get bored on behalf of Rachel, when she had to eat the same old same old stuff everyday... So I tried this other porridge, without any meat (well, I started chicken only a week ago, will post that recipe soon)...

ABC Baby Porridge (Suitable for 6 months onwards)
Ingredient:
1/3 big red onion
1 potato
1/2 carrot
1/2 tomato
rice (desired amount, but I put about 3 1/2 tablespoon)
water (required amount, I put about 30 - 35 tablespoon in slow cooker overnight on AUTO)

Instruction:
1) Peel carrot, potato, onion and cut it into prefered size (I blended it anyhow)
2) Remove tomato seeds
3) Wash rice. Add required water.
4) Put all into slow cooker on auto overnight. (I stor it a little before I go to bed, to ensure that there is not bits of ingredient that gets dry cuz not covered in water)
5) Remove tomato skin (peel it off with chopstick, cuz after cooking, VERY EASY)
6) Pick out ingredients and blend as required (don't have to blend the porridge)

* makes about 4 of Rachel's feeding... I just deep freeze the remaining portion in single portion tupperware, and warm it up as and when needed. (note: don't keep too long, not more than 1 week)

Labels:

8 WISECRACK(S) : Blogger Sasha Tan; Blogger Michelle; Blogger Shannon; Blogger Nadia; Anonymous Anonymous; Anonymous Anonymous; Anonymous Anonymous; Blogger milkmaid; ~~CRACK-A-BIT~~